Did you know that Facebook now has more active users than China’s entire population – which is estimated to be 1.4 billion? With 1.5 billion users, Facebook is certainly a force to contend with and it goes without saying that if you are not marketing on Facebook for business then you are losing out on a great opportunity. Take a look at these 7 powerful Facebook Facts for Business Owners:
- 1 billion people log onto Facebook daily which represents a 17% increase year over year, as of 9/2015
The Implication: A huge and diverse growing number of Facebook users are active and consistent in their visits to the site, making them a promising audience for your marketing efforts.
- 1.39 billion mobile active users which is a 23 percent year-over-year increase as of 9/2015.
- Facebook users are 54% female and 46% male. The Takeaway: Since this isn’t a large statistical difference, you should be able to effectively reach both genders on Facebook.
- The Average American Spends 40 minutes on Facebook, according to SproutSocial. What this means for you: You could have a short time period to make your impression, so use it wisely with relevant, interesting and unique posts and offers in order to get the most return on your efforts. Take a look at how much time is spent on the other social networks: 21.2 minutes on Instagram and 20.8 minutes on Pinterest and 17.1 minutes on Twitter, reports Cowen & Company.
- Every second there are 20,000 people on Facebook. That number alone makes Facebook a valuable website for business, whether you’re promoting a service, releasing a product or conducting market research.
- At 46%, the 45 to 55 year age bracket is the fastest growing demographic on Facebook.
- Facebook users share 3 million pieces of content every minute of every day. In terms of capturing your target audience’s attention, Facebook presents a great opportunity since you have a larger window of time to work within.
Need more facts to consider before you use Facebook for your business?
Take this mind blowing fact under consideration; Customized News Feed, Facebook’s recent move to an algorithm-driven news feed means that just because someone is your fan, does not mean they will see your page posts or status updates. Instead, the default news feed is now comprised of content that Facebook thinks that you will like, based on your interactions with content from that author in the past, and interactions by your friends with that content.
This puts a tremendous premium on posting engaging content that will get comments and likes and shares. If you’re not paying attention to your content engagement scores within your Facebook analytics, start doing so now, and testing content types to see what works best for your brand.
Regardless of the reason, now is the time for business owners to embrace and really start using Facebook for their business. Obviously, if you are a business owner, the quality of your product is important, but at the end of the day, your businesses survival depends on sales. Why not tap into the huge potential customer base that Facebook represents? 1.5 billion Facebook users are waiting for you.